As we begin the month of October on the theme, “Let Us Rejoice,” we encourage you to submit yourself to God’s deep transformation work from the inside out through prayer and fasting.
Adopt an attitude of holiness using these 7-point prayer guidelines:
1) Thanksgiving: (1Chr 16:31-32, Psa 30:1)
- Glorious God, we thank You for a new month, a month of our rejoicing. From January to October, we declare your faithfulness and goodness to us. Thank you, Father.
- Let’s exalt Him by calling Him by His many and different names in thanksgiving for all He has done for us since we were born till date and for all, He will do this very month in Jesus’ name. Amen.
2) Mercy: (Psalms 13:5, Psalms 31:7)
- Merciful Father, please forgive us for all acts of sinfulness, including jealousy, contempt, pride, criticism, lying, gossiping, hatred and malice that foster disunity and can stop our rejoicing.
- Openly confess those things the accuser of the brethren can hold against your joy and plead for God’s mercy.
3) Evangelism: (Luke 5:10, John 4:35-36)
- Oh! Lord, help us in evangelism. As we sow the word of salvation into the hearts of people, we will come back rejoicing with a great harvest of souls in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
- Abba Father, by your grace, help us to effectively follow up on souls won so they will remain in the fold and become soul winners thereby creating joy in heaven and here on earth in Jesus’ name. Amen.
4) Fruitfulness: (Isaiah 54:1, Gal 4: 27, Luke 13:17)
- Let’s ask the Creator of creations to seal every prayer, and declaration made by our Servant leader at The CONCEIVER with great manifestations of rejoicing in the homes of all those trusting Him for the fruit of the womb and expecting their babies in Jesus’ name. Amen.
- Creator of new creations, You gave Sarah laughter, Hannah a new song and Rachel another song, please Lord, give all the waiting and expectant mothers reasons to sing for joy in this season of rejoicing in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5) Restoration: (Psalms 51:12, Joel 2:23&25)
- Let’s pray that the Lord will restore the joy of salvation to our brethren who have deviated from grace or are passing through situations that have swallowed their joy.
- God of wonders arise and restore the joy of our marriages, families, health, businesses and in all areas of our lives. Our joy will be full and overflow in Jesus’ name. Amen.
6) Servant Leader: (Psalms 126: 6, Psalms 35: 26, Luke 13:17)
- Let us ask God in His mercy and love, to greatly reward every precious seed sown by our Servant Leader in God’s vineyard with rejoicing this season in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
- Who rejoices at her hurt? Let them be ashamed, brought to mutual confusion and be dishonoured in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen. (Psalms 35:26)
7) Personal Requests: (Ephesians 3:20)